Everyday blessings

Yesterday was our fourth anniversary. My grandpa is in Austin (he lives in Michigan with my uncle) for the next week, so we decided to combine the two and make a day of it. We picked up my sister and my nephew and then drove out to my mom's house for the afternoon. Grant got to meet his great-grandpa, and then my mom watched Grant so that Jacob and I could go have a nice meal together for our anniversary.

We ended up going to a local restaurant called Gumbo's, which turned out to be exremely good. After that, we went to Half-Price Books and cleaned out their clearance children's books. We then went back to my mom's for a few hours to visit with my Grandpa. All in all, it was a very nice day.

Since Grant got into bed late last night, he slept in for us a bit this morning. Right now I'm watching him crawl around the living room floor, playing with his toys. He looked up at me a minute ago, gave me a big grin, and went back to his toys.

It's moments like that that make me feel like I'm the most blessed person in the world.

2 Response to "Everyday blessings"

  1. Antonia Says:

    Your anniversary sounds like it was a lot of fun. I'm glad you got to enjoy it and see you grandpa.

    I'm also a little jealous Grant plays with his toys by himself. Malcolm gets bored of them quickly and crawls himself into places that he knows he's not allowed to go. I'm always running after him now.

  2. Hilary Says:

    I love when half-price has their box of books. I've gotten close to 200 books for T for just $10. Great deal! Glad you guys had a great time.

Post a Comment